Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles NGC 1428: from the discordant redshifts caused by a star, to the determination of the morphological type.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/43913
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 377 KB)|
- NGC 1428: from the discordant redshifts caused by a star, to the determination of the morphological type.
- Merluzzi, P.; Busarello, G.; Terranegra, L.; Colless, Matthew; Graham, Alister W.
- We summarise the main results of our study of NGC 1428, an early-type galaxy belonging to the Fornax cluster. By means of long-slit spectroscopic data we study it's kinematics and also solve the problems connected to a star superimposed on its nucleus - which have led to wrong measurements of its redshift in the past. The present analysis allows us to determine the morphological type of NGC 1428 as well as an accurate value of its redshift.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Memorie della Società Astronomica Italiana: Proceedings of 'Views on Distance Indicators', Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Massa Lubrense, Italy, 03-06 September 1997 / M. Arnaboldi, F. Caputo and A. Rifatto (eds.), Vol. 69, pp. 283-286
- Publication year
- Early-type galaxy; Fornax cluster; Kinematics; Morphological type; Spectroscopic
- Fabrizio Serra Editore
- 0037-8720 (series ISSN)
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Società Astronomica Italiana (1998). Published version of the paper reproduced here with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed