Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/44052
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Generalised analysis of a QoS-aware routing algorithm
- Andrew, Lachlan L. H.; Ananda Kusuma, A. A. N.
- Modern communications services have strict quality of service (QoS) requirements, with separate constraints on bandwidth, delay and error tolerance. The task of finding a route through a network satisfying multiple QoS constraints is intractable, but increasingly important for modern communications applications. This paper investigates an approximate algorithm, which has previously been analysed for the case of two constraints, and presents a generalisation of this analysis to the case of an arbitrary number of constraints. The blocking rate of this algorithm is then empirically compared to several other techniques
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of 'The bridge to global integration', the 1998 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 98), Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 08-12 November 1998, Vol. 1, pp. 1-6
- Publication year
- Approximate algorithm; Bandwidth; Blocking rate; Delay; Error tolerance; Generalisation; Generalised analysis; Graph theory; QoS-aware routing algorithm; Quality of service; Telecommunication network routing
- 9780780349841, 0780349849
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1998 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed