Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/44072
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Load balancing in multiband CDMA
- Andrew, Lachlan L. H.
- Multiband (or multi-carrier) CDMA is a promising approach to increasing the capacity of CDMA systems. The MBA algorithm was recently proposed for allocating new calls to bands based on measured path gains. MBA introduces asymmetry between bands. This paper calculates the average other-cell interference in MBA systems and shows that the system capacity can be increased by loading different bands unequally. It also investigates the interaction of band allocations in neighbouring cells.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of 'Seamless interconnection for universal services', the 1999 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 99), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 05-09 December 1999, Vol. 5, pp. 2725-2729
- Publication year
- Algorithms; Carrier communication; CDMA; Code division multiple access; Congestion control; Frequency allocation; Frequency division multiple access; MBA algorithm; Measurement based allocation algorithms; Signal interference; Signal to interference ratio; SIR
- 9780780357969, 0780357965
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed