Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/44089
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Measurement-based band allocation in multiband CDMA
- Andrew, Lachlan L. H.
- Multiband (or multi-carrier) CDMA is a promising approach to increasing the capacity of CDMA systems, while maintaining compatibility with existing systems. This paper proposes an algorithm for allocating new calls to bands based on measured path gains, or alternatively, on estimates of the mobile stations' positions. By separating strong and weak users into separate bands, this algorithm reduces the other-cell interference on the uplink. It is shown to provide significantly better performance than alternative algorithms when hard handoff is used. An additional benefit of this algorithm is a reduction in the dynamic range required for uplink power control.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 18th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM-99), New York, New York, United States, 21-25 March 1999, Vol. 3, pp. 1364-1371
- Publication year
- Algorithms; CDMA; Channel capacity; Code division multiple access; Congestion control; Data communication systems; Gain control; Measurement-based band allocations; Multiband code division multiple access; Power control; Radio interference; Radio links; Telecommunication traffic
- 0743-166X (series ISSN)
- 9780780354173, 0780354176
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Additional information
- Supported by an Australian Research Council Large Grant.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed