Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/44113
|Download PDF (34 pages) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- VITAL 3 usability analysis: expert review
- McKay, Dana
- This report describes the findings of an expert review of the VITAL 3 software. Most of the public interfaces were explored, including the menus, searching, browsing, collections and the document view. The review covered only the end user areas of the site, and focused specifically on usability concerns, though at this stage the software is still in testing and there are some technical problems to be addressed. This report represents the expert opinion of its author and should in no way be interpreted as an exhaustive list of the usability problems in VITAL 3. Instead it should be used to advance the usability of VITAL 3 until such time as more comprehensive usability testing is undertaken. The usability analysis was performed using standard usability principles, however the report is structured not around these principles, but around the features of VITAL 3.
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Information Resources
- ARROW (Australian Research Repositories Online to the World) Project reports
- Publication year
- ARROW Project; Browsing; Consistency; Design; Expert review; Heuristic analysis; Information seeking; Institutional repositories; IRs; Literature review; Navigability; Open access; Repository software; Research repositories; Simplicity; Software; Terminology; Usability; User experience; User interface; User needs; Users; VITAL; VTLS Inc; Web usability
- Information Resources, Swinburne University of Technology
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Dana McKay.
- Additional information
- The work to prepare this review was funded by the ARROW project (Australian Research Repositories Online to the World, http://arrow.edu.au). The ARROW project is funded by the Australian Commonwealth Department of Education, Science and Training, under the Research Information Infrastructure Framework for Australian Higher Education.
- Full text