Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/44315
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Queueing model for soft-blocking CDMA systems
- Andrew, Lachlan L. H.; Payne, Donald J. B.; Hanly, Stephen V.
- A new model is proposed for the analysis of CDMA systems. This model is a birth and death process whose birth process considers the new call arrival rate, the blocking rate, the effect of soft handoff and the effect of the band allocation strategy in multiband (multicarrier) CDMA systems. This model accurately predicts the distribution of the number of calls connected to a base station.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the IEEE VTS 50th Vehicular Technology Conference, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 19-22 September 1999, Vol. 1, pp. 436-440
- Publication year
- Band allocation strategy; Base station; Birth and death process; Blocking rate; Call arrival rate; Cellular radio; Code division multiple access; Markov chain; Markov processes; Multiband CDMA systems; Multicarrier CDMA systems; Probability; Queueing model; Queueing theory; Soft handoff; Soft-blocking cdma systems
- 9780780354357, 0780354354
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed