Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/44636
|Download PDF (8 pages) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 97 KB)|
- ARROW HERDC Working Group interim report May 2008
- Morgan, Teula; Wood, Michael; Harrison, Andrew; Picasso, Vicki; Ruthven, Tom; Quilliam, Jenny; Watson, Kate
- The ARROW HERDC Working Group was formed in January 2008 to look at the role repositories could play in assisting to meet the university’s HERDC requirements. The objectives of the Working Group were to: identify commonalities in research collection practices in ARROW community members; identify good practice HERDC models for integration of research systems and repositories; report to the ARROW community on potential HERDC models; and circulate findings with the Australian and New Zealand repository community. This report is an interim report on the activities of the Working Group. The interim report aims to stimulate discussion and invite feedback which will inform the final report. As a first step the Working Group has identified and developed four potential broad models to represent the relationship between the university’s research management system and the institutional repository. The purpose of these models is to suggest possible workflows and processes, to stimulate discussion, and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each approach. The final report will attempt to provide more information on issues specific to each model, together with a mapping and analysis of repository metadata fields versus required HERDC data collection elements to assist with the selection of an appropriate model.
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Information Resources
- ARROW (Australian Research Repositories Online to the World) Project reports
- Publication year
- ARROW Project; Australia; Business processes; Colleges; HERDC; Higher Education Research Data Collection; Institutional repositories; IRs; Metadata; Repository software; Research collection practices; Research funding; Research repositories; Software integration; Universities; User needs; Workflows
- ARROW Project
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Teula Morgan, Michael Wood, Andrew Harrison, Vicki Picasso, Tom Ruthven, Jenny Quilliam and Kate Watson.
- Additional information
- An extended final report by the ARROW HERDC Working Group is available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50374.
- Full text