Home List of Titles Structural, electrical, and optical analysis of ion implanted semi-insulated InP
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/104
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 434 KB)|
- Structural, electrical, and optical analysis of ion implanted semi-insulated InP
- Carmody, Christine; Tan, Hark H.; Jagadish, Chennupati; Douheret, Olsoon; Maknys, Kerek; Anand, S.; Zou, Joy; Dao, Lap Van; Gal, Michael
- Semi-insulating InP was implanted with MeV P, As, Ga, and In ions, and the resulting evolution of structural properties with increased annealing temperature was analyzed using double crystal x-ray diffractometry and cross sectional transmission electron microscopy. The types of damage identified are correlated with scanning spreading resistance and scanning capacitance measurements, as well as with previously measured Hall effect and time resolved photoluminescence results. We have identified multiple layers of conductivity in the samples which occur due to the nonuniform damage profile of a single implant. Our structural studies have shown that the amount and type of damage caused by implantation does not scale with implant ion atomic mass.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of applied physics, Vol. 95, no. 2 (Jan. 2004), pp. 477-482
- Publication year
- Indium compounds; III-V semiconductors; Ion implantation; Indium; Phosphorus; Arsenic; Gallium; Semiconductor doping; Electrical conductivity; Crystal structure; X-ray diffraction; Transmission electron microscopy; Hall effect; Photoluminescence; Carrier density
- American Institute of Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 American Institute of Physics. Reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed