Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Enough is enough: a report on discrimination and abuse experienced by lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender people in Victoria
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/45841
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 300 KB)|
- Enough is enough: a report on discrimination and abuse experienced by lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender people in Victoria
- Dempsey, Deborah
- This report discusses the contemporary picture of discrimination and abuse directed at members of the Victorian lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender (LGBT) communities with a view to informing current legislative, policy and social debates within Victoria and Australia. It seeks to monitor LGBT knowledge of the 1995 amendment to the Equal Opportunity Act (Vic) and considers how the Amendment has impacted on official and unofficial responses to discrimination directed at members of that community. It provides a basis for reflection on priorities for future lobby work which is informed by research evidence of the issues affecting LGBT communities.
- Publication type
- Publication year
- Abuse; Bisexual; Discrimination; Gay bashing; Homosexuality; Lesbians; LGBT communities; Same-sex attracted people; Sexual orientation; Sexuality; Transgender; Victoria; Violence; Well-being
- Victorian Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby
- Copyright © 2000 Victorian Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby. Published version of this paper reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text