Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/1063
- Deploying mobile and intelligent agents in interconnected e-marketplaces
- Kowalczyk, Ryszard; Braun, Peter; Mueller, Ingo; Rossak, Wilhelm; Franczyk, Bogdan; Speck, Andreas
- The business trends to trade more complex goods and services in inter-connected e-marketplaces and to use mobile communication channels drive the requirements for the next generation of e-marketplaces including more advanced trading, mobile access and user support capabilities. This paper presents an attempt to address the above requirements by proposing an intelligent mobile agent-based e-marketplace solution called InterMarket that integrates mobile agents and intelligent decision-making agents in e-marketplaces. InterMarket aims at enabling mobile access and automated trading in inter-connected e-marketplaces with an add-on component to an existing commercial e-marketplace platform. The paper presents a general concept and solution of InterMarket, and discusses the proposed approach in the context of related research in mobile e-commerce agents and intelligent agent-mediated e-commerce.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science, Vol. 7, no. 3 (Sep 2003), pp. 109-123
- Publication year
- E-marketplace; Intelligent agents; InterMarket; Mobile agent
- IOS Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 Society for Design and Process Science.
- Peer reviewed