Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/46532
- Decentralized PD and robust nonlinear control for robot manipulators
- Liu, Ming
- A decentralized PD and robust nonlinear feedback law for robot motion control is proposed. The control system structure is based on the generalized tracking error proposed by Slotine and Li. Using this system structure, a simple and comprehensive result on the local stability conditions of PD control is obtained. A decentralized robust nonlinear feedback term is then added to it to improves the performance of tracking errors from local convergence to global convergence. Since the approach keeps the simplicity of the independent joint controller structure it can be easily implemented in most robot systems without hardware alteration.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems: Theory and Applications, Vol. 20, no. 2-4 (Sep 1997), pp. 319-332
- Publication year
- Control systems; Decentralized control; Manipulators; Mobile robots; Motion control; Nonlinear control systems; PD control; Robustness; Robot control; Robot manipulators; Robust control; System stability; Tracking; Trajectory tracking; Two term control systems
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1997 Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Peer reviewed