Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/46525
- A 3-step set-point control algorithm for robot arms
- Quach, Nghe Huan; Liu, Ming
- For robot arm set-point control, a novel PD based algorithm for the estimation and compensation of gravity force and static friction is proposed. Based on the linear-in-parameter property of the gravity force and the steady state feature of PD set-point control, the algorithm modifies the set-points according to the steady state position errors. Using the steady state equations near the given set-points the unknown static friction force and gravity force can be calculated on-line. This information can then be used to compensate the affects of gravity force and static friction to eliminate set-point errors.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2000), San Francisco, California, United States, 24-28 April 2000, Vol. 2, pp. 1296-1301
- Publication year
- Algorithms; Error compensation; Force control; Friction; Gravitational effects; Motion control; Robotic arms; Static friction force; Torque; Two term control systems; Three step set point control
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed