Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Analysis of GRF by means of wavelet transform for the performance diagnosis of weight lifter
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/46530
- Analysis of GRF by means of wavelet transform for the performance diagnosis of weight lifter
- Lei, Jianhe; Gao, Zhen; Song, Quanjun; Liu, Ming; Qiu, Liankui; Yu, Yong; Ge, Yunjian
- Weightlifting is one of the most physically demanding sports. A successful lift is influenced by many factors. Among them, the ground reaction force (GRF) which is exerted on weight lifers during the motion process is crucial to the performance of a weight lifer, so the acquisition and analysis of GRF is very important to the scientific research of weightlifting. This paper describes GRF acquisition using a force platform and analysis by means of wavelet transform (WT) for the performance diagnosis of weight lifters. The differences of GRF between the skilled weight lifters and the learners are reported. The method allows to detect and to quantify details not easily perceivable by coaches through traditional techniques. By wavelet transform of the GRF, it is possible for biomechanics experts to analysis mechanical behaviours of athletes and to direct them to improve their skills. GRF acquisition and analysis provides a very important tool for modern athletes training.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information Acquisition (ICIA 2006), Weihai, Shandong, China, 20-23 August 2006, pp. 388-392
- Publication year
- Biomechanics; Biophysics; e,3e process; Electric fault currents; Force platform; Ground reaction force; GRF; Health; Information acquisitions; Mechanical behaviours; Mergers; Performance diagnosis; Scientific researches; Traditional techniques; Wavelet transform; Weighing; Weight lifting; WT
- 9781424405282, 1424405289
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed