Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles 'I just can't see myself doing it': occupational aspirations and identities: young people from family farms, Victoria
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/46609
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- 'I just can't see myself doing it': occupational aspirations and identities: young people from family farms, Victoria
- Geldens, Paula M.
- Despite spirited public discourse around rural decline and the future of family farming relatively little theoretical or empirical work has focused upon the lives of young rural residents: almost none in relation to those living on family farms. The research has focused upon whether these young people intended to stay on their family's farm or leave, and why? This seminar offers insight into the lives these young people at a time when defining post secondary-school goals were of foremost concern.
- Publication type
- Seminar, speech or other presentation
- Paper presented at the Australian Government Bureau of Rural Sciences Seminar Series, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia, 29 October 2004
- Publication year
- Australia; Education; Employment; Family farms; Rural youth; Social aspects; Victoria; Youth
- Bureau of Rural Sciences
- Copyright © 2004 Bureau of Rural Sciences. Published version of this paper reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text