Home List of Titles Book reviews including 'Legacies of white Australia: race, culture, nation', by Laksiri Jayasuriya, David Walker and Jan Gothard (eds.)
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/46814
- Book reviews including 'Legacies of white Australia: race, culture, nation', by Laksiri Jayasuriya, David Walker and Jan Gothard (eds.)
- Davis, Michael T.; French, Maurice; Arrow, Michelle; Leach, Michael; Barrett, Craig; Cottle, Drew; Hughes, Colin A.; Kwok, Jen Tsen; Denoon, Donald; Hall, Noeline; Claeys, Gregory; Harrison, Jennifer; Bonnell, Andrew G.; Turner-Graham, Emily; McTavish, Catherine; Monteath, Peter; Gentes, Andrew; Kampmark, Binoy; Jacobsen, Trudi; Bellamy, Alex J.; Reynolds, M.; Moore, Clive; Prenzler, Tim; Wear, Rae
- Michael T. Davis reviews the book 'David Collins: a colonial life', by John Currey, Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2000. Maurice French reviews the book 'Brisbane: squatters, selectors and surveyors' (Brisbane History Group papers no. 16), edited by Rod Fisher and Jennifer Harrison, Brisbane: Brisbane History Group, 2000. Michelle Arrow reviews the book 'Beyond the ladies lounge: Australia's female publicans', by Clare Wright, Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2003. Michael Leach reviews the book 'Legacies of white Australia: race, culture, nation', edited by Laksiri Jayasuriya, David Walker and Jan Gothard, Crawley, Western Australia: University of Western Australia Press, 2003. Craig Barrett reviews the book 'This war never ends: the pain of separation and return', by Michael McKernan, St Lucia: University of Queensland Press, 2001. Drew Cottle reviews the book 'Keeper of the faith: a biography of Jim Cairns', by Paul Strangio, Carlton South: Melbourne University Press, 2002. Colin A. Hughes reviews the book 'Platypus and parliament: the Australian Senate in theory and practice,' by Stanley Bach, Canberra: Department of the Senate, 2003. Jen Tsen Kwok reviews the book 'Unfolding history, evolving identity: the Chinese in New Zealand', edited by Manying Ip, Auckland: Auckland University Press, 2003. Donald Denoon reviews the book 'New Guinea: crossing boundaries and history', by Clive Moore, Honolulu: Hawaii University Press, 2003. Noeline Hall reviews the book 'Erasmus in the twentieth century: interpretations c.1920-2000', by Bruce Mansfield, Toronto: Toronto University Press, 2003. Michael T. Davis reviews the book 'Eighteenth-century British erotica', edited by Chris Mounsey and Rictor Norton, London: Pickering and Chatto, 2002. Gregory Claeys reviews the book 'London corresponding society, 1792--1799', edited by Michael Davis, London: Pickering and Chatto, 2002. Jennifer Harrison reviews 'Robert Emmet and the rebellion of 1798', and 'Robert Emmet and the rising of 1803', by Ruán O'Donnell, Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 2003. Andrew G. Bonnell reviews the book 'Wilhelminism and its legacies: German modernities and the meanings of reform, 1890--1930: Essays for Hartmut Pogge von Strandmann', edited by Geoff Eley and James Retallack, New York: Berghahn Books, 2003. Emily Turner-Graham reviews the book 'Divided lives: the untold stories of Jewish-Christian women in Nazi Germany' (2nd ed.), by Cynthia A. Crane, New York, Palgrave Macmillan, 2003. Catherine McTavish reviews the book 'Conqueror's road: an eyewitness report of Germany 1945', by Osmar White, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. Peter Monteath reviews the book 'Conflict and compromise in East Germany, 1971--1989: a precarious stability', by Jeannette Z. Madarász, Basingstoke: Palgrave, 2003. Andrew Gentes reviews the book 'The Tsarist secret police abroad: policing Europe in a modernising world', by Fredric S. Zuckerman, Basingstoke: Palgrave, 2003. Binoy Kampmark reviews the book '"A problem from hell": America and the age of genocide', by Samantha Power, New York: Basic Books, 2002. Trudi Jacobsen reviews the book 'A history of modern India, 1480--1959', edited by Claude Markovitz, translated by Nisha George and Maggy Hendry, London: Anthem Press, 2002. Alex J. Bellamy reviews the book 'Power in transition: the peaceful change of international order', by Charles A. Kupchan, Emanuel Adler, Jean-Marc Coicaud and Yuen Foong Khong, Tokyo: United Nations University Press, 2001. Margaret Reynolds reviews the book 'Reading humanitarian intervention: human rights and the use of force in international law', by Anne Orford, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. Clive Moore reviews the book 'Stories of gay and lesbian immigration: together forever?', by John Hart, New York: Harrington Park Press, 2002. Tim Prenzler reviews the book 'The dynamics of political crime', by Jeffrey Ian Ross, Thousand Oaks, California: Sage, 2003. Alex J. Bellamy reviews the book 'The battle for hearts and minds: using soft power to undermine terrorist networks', edited by Alexander T. J. Lennon, Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press, 2003. Rae Wear reviews the book 'The media and neo-populism: a contemporary comparative analysis', edited by Gianpietro Mazzoleni, Julianne Stewart and Bruce Horsfield, Westport, Connecticut: Praeger, 2003.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Australian Journal of Politics and History, Vol. 50, no. 3 (Sep 2004), pp. 440-468
- Publication year
- Australia; Book review; Discrimination; History; Immigration policy; Migration; Racism; White Australia Policy
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Department of History, School of Political Science and International Studies, The University of Queensland and Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd.