Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/1118
- Parametric study of three-dimensional near-field Mie scattering by dielectric particles
- Gan, Xiaosong; Ganic, Djenan; Gu, Min
- In this paper we present a model for studying the three-dimensional field distribution of near-field Mie scattering. The effect of the interface where near-field is generated is included in the model. We use this model to calculate the scattered electromagnetic field distribution in various planes around a dielectric particle of different sizes under S and P polarized illumination. Integrated scattered intensity into particle's upper half-space is investigated and it is found that it exhibits morphology-dependent resonance effect when particle's radius is approaching and exceeding illumination wavelength. The model is also applied to studying the dependence of the morphology-dependent resonance on various parameters associated with near-field Mie scattering by dielectric particles.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Science and Electrical Engineering. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- Optics communications, Vol. 216, no. 1 (Feb. 2003), pp. 1-10
- Publication year
- Elsevier B V
- pp. 1-10
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.