Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/47752
- WdCM: a workday calendar model for workflows in service grid environments
- Liu, Jianxun; Zhou, Chunjie; Chen, Jinjun
- The time model for business cooperation across organizations and in business service grid has a special and important requirement, i.e. workday calendar model (WdCM). Workflow plays an important role in modelling business processes across multi-enterprises or in service grid environments. However, current research in workflow time models does not pay sufficient attention to the differences in workday calendar between individual organizations. This paper aims to solve this problem by clarifying some basic concepts involved in the workday calendar models and presenting an XML-based framework for workday calendar expressions, i.e. WdCM. Based on this WdCM, temporal constraints and the time optimization issue of workflow processes are investigated. Finally, a case study is analysed to demonstrate the feasibility of our workday calendar model.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Vol. 20, no. 4 (Mar 2008), pp. 377-392
- Publication year
- Business process; Competitive intelligence; Constraints; Flexibility; Grid computing; Mathematical models; Optimization; Task allocation; Time management; Workday calendars; Workflow; XML
- John Wiley & Sons
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. Publisher does not officially support author/institution self-archiving of either the postprint (final, revised accepted draft) or published version of full text.
- Peer reviewed