Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles An unequal granular temperature kinetic theory : description of granular flow with multiple particle classes
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/1137
- An unequal granular temperature kinetic theory : description of granular flow with multiple particle classes
- Naser, Jamal A.; Rahaman, Mohammad F.; Witt, Peter J.
- The kinetic theory for particles of equal mass, density, and size is well established. However, kinetic theory for particles of different density and size is yet to be established. In this paper, the balance laws and constitutive relations for a granular mixture with particles of different size and densities are derived. The computed results indicate significant changes when compared with the theory that is derived by assuming particles of equal size and density. A comparison of the proposed theory with the theories given by Manger [Modeling and simulation of gas solid systems in curvilinear coordinates. PhD Thesis, Telemark Institute of Technology, Norway, 1996] and Huilin et al. [Physica, A, 284 (2000) 265] has also been made.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Engineering and Science
- Powder technology, Vol. 138, no. 2/3 (Dec. 2003), pp. 82-92
- Publication year
- Particle technology and fluidization; Kinetic theory of granular flow; Particulate viscosity; Solids stress
- Elsevier B V
- pp. 82-92
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed