Home List of Titles A policy-based authorization model for workflow-enabled dynamic process management
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/49799
- A policy-based authorization model for workflow-enabled dynamic process management
- Cao, Jian Ming; Chen, Jinjun; Zhao, Haiyan Y.; Li, Minglu L.
- Although workflow has been widely used to support the modeling and execution of business process, the majority of current workflow management systems are not designed and suited for supporting dynamic business processes. One of the deficiencies is the inability to model realistically the organization of an enterprise to manage the dynamic human-centric business processes. A framework for workflow-enabled dynamic business process management is described in the paper. It includes an organizational model and an authorization model for supporting dynamic business processes. More specifically, authorization policies are expressed in an SQL-like language which can be easily rewritten into query sentences for execution. In addition, the framework supports dynamic integration and execution of multiple access control polices from disparate enterprise resources. Finally, a prototype implementation of the dynamic business process management framework is described.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Information Technology Research
- Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol. 32, no. 2 (Mar 2009), pp. 412-422
- Publication year
- Access control; Access control policy; Authorization models; Authorization policies; Business processes; Dynamic business process; Dynamic process managements; Enterprise resource management; Enterprise resources; Human-centric; Management; Multiple access controls; Organizational models; Prototype implementations; Security systems; Software prototyping; Work simplification; Workflow; Workflow management systems
- Academic Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed