Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/49999
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Observation of bound solitons in a passively mode-locked fibre laser
- Tang, D. Y.; Drummond, P. D.; Man, W. S.; Tam, H. Y.; Demokan, M. S.
- Recently B.A. Malomed theoretically predicted the existence of bound states of solitons in the dissipatively perturbed nonlinear Schrodinger equation. In this talk we report on the first experimental observation of bound soliton states in a passively mode locked fiber soliton laser. Multiple soliton operation is a generic feature of passively mode-locked fiber soliton lasers and has been reported by many authors.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Technical digest of the IEEE Conference on Quantum Electronics and Laser Science (QELS 2000), San Francisco, California, United States, 07-12 May 2000, p. 114
- Publication year
- Bound solitons; Bound states; Dissipatively perturbed nonlinear Schrodinger equation; Fibre lasers; Laser mode locking; Light modulation; Moire fringes; Multiple soliton operation; Nonlinear equations; Optical correlation; Optical solitons; Passively mode locked fibre laser; Raman scattering; Schrodinger equation; Soliton Raman effect; Solitons
- 1094-5695 (series ISSN)
- 9781557526083, 1557526087
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed