Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/49990
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- All-optical signal regeneration using parametric soliton switch
- Collecutt, G. R.; Drummond, P. D.
- A photonic switch in the form of a logical and gate within a planar waveguide was proposed. Investigations by numerical simulation were performed with two very interesting results. Firstly, the switch displays a highly digital response with respect to perturbations in the first two parameters, and secondly the switch continues to perform well with relative energy imbalances of up to a factor of 2. Thus not only could this switch be used very effectively as an all-optical and logic gate but by combining a signal with a well timed clock pulse-train, time domain multiplexing, demultiplexing, and signal regeneration in both pulse timing and pulse energy can be performed.
- Publication type
- Conference abstract
- Conference digest of the International Quantum Electronics Conference (IQEC 2000), Nice, France, 10-15 September 2000, p. 118
- Publication year
- All-optical signal regenerations; Computer simulation; Electromagnetic dispersion; Harmonic analysis; Logic circuits; Nonlinear optics; Optical Kerr effect; Optical waveguides; Parametric devices; Parametric soliton switches; Quantum electronics; Solitons
- 9780780363182, 0780363183
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed