Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50003
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Critical quantum fluctuations in the degenerate parametric oscillator
- Drummond, P. D.; Dechoum, K.; Chaturvedi, S.
- The problem of the critical fluctuations at threshold, where the previous perturbation theory, as well as diagrammatic techniques which give divergent results are discussed. It is found that the use of an appropriately rescaled asymptotic perturbation method, using the fundamental cubic stochastic process as the zeroth-order term, gives a well-behaved analytic theory. As such, the results are said to be in complete agreement with numerical simulations in the positive-P representation.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 65, no. 3 (2002), article no. 033806
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- Approximation theory; Computer simulation; Critical quantum fluctuations theory; Degenerate parametric oscillator; Electron energy levels; Hamiltonians; Linearization; Matrix algebra; Noise abatement; Optical parametric oscillators; Partial differential equations; Phase space methods; Quantum optics; Quantum superposition states; Quantum theory; Random processes; Semiclassical theory; Stochastic numerical simulation; Wigner phase space equation
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed