Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50015
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Observation of bound states of solitons in a passively mode-locked fibre laser
- Tang, D. Y.; Man, W. S.; Tam, H. Y.; Drummond, P. D.
- A type of bound states of solitons in a passively mode-locked fibre soliton laser was experimentally observed. The observed bound states of solitons are characterized as being very stable, and have discrete, fixed soliton separations. Comparing the pulse separation of the bound solitons with that of the individual soliton pulse duration, it was shown that the formation of the observed bound solitons is due to a direct interaction between the solitons in the laser.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 64, no. 3 (2001), article no. 033814
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- Bound state; Fiber lasers; Ground state; Laser mode locking; Laser optics; Nonlinear Schrodinger equation; Optical fibres; Raman scattering; Solitons
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed