Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Noise-free scattering of the quantized electromagnetic field from a dispersive linear dielectric
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50016
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Noise-free scattering of the quantized electromagnetic field from a dispersive linear dielectric
- Hillery, Mark; Drummond, P. D.
- An electromagnetic wave scattering from a dispersive linear dielectric was analyzed using the quantum scattering formalism for electromagnetic fields. A dielectric medium modeled as a collection of harmonic oscillators with multiple bare resonances, leading to a number of discrete absorption band was also studied. The results showed that there were absorption bands and unitary input-output relations.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 64, no. 1 (2001), article no. 013815
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- Boundary conditions; Dielectric materials; Eigenvalues and eigenfunctions; Electromagnetic fields; Electronic oscillators; Fourier transforms; Hamiltonians; Harmonic oscillators; Light polarisation; Light scattering; Optical beam splitters; Permittivity; Quantum optics; Refractive index
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed