Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Asymptotic solutions to the Gross-Pitaevskii gain equation: growth of a Bose-Einstein condensate
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50017
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Asymptotic solutions to the Gross-Pitaevskii gain equation: growth of a Bose-Einstein condensate
- Drummond, P. D.; Kheruntsyan, K. V.
- An asymptotic solution to the Gross-Pitaevskii equation, describing the early stages of condensate growth in a trap was found. It was found that a growing nonequilibrium condensate has a nonuniform momentum distribution across the condensed region. The solution also predicts the amplified center-of-mass oscillations, leading to enhanced center-of-mass temperature.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 63, no. 1 (2001), article no. 013605
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- BEC; Bose-Einstein condensates; Gas condensates; Gross-Pitaevskii equations; Kinetic energy; Laser beams; Mathematical models; Quantum theory
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed