Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50006
- xmds: eXtensible multi-dimensional simulator
- Collecutt, G.; Drummond, P. D.
- A software package, extensible multi-dimensional simulator (xmds), that efficiently solves a comprehensive range of problems based on coupled complex nonlinear stochastic ordinary differential equations (ODE) and partial differential equations (PDE), was presented. A benefit of the package was the use of arbitrary implied transverse dimensions which allows the dimensionality of a problem to be changed easily, with greatly reduced likelihood of coding errors. The formulation of its input and output syntax was done as a subset of XML, thus making a step towards a standard for specifying numerical simulations.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Computer Physics Communications, Vol. 142, no. 1-3 (Dec 2001), pp. 219-223
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 02 Physical Sciences
- C++; Computer simulation; Computer software; Differential equation; eXtensible markup language; High level languages; Multi-dimensional simulators; Nonlinear equations; ODE; Ordinary differential equations; Partial; Partial differential equations; PDE; Problem solving; Random processes; Stochastic; XML
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 Elsevier Science.
- Peer reviewed