Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50008
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Light guiding light: nonlinear refraction in rubidium vapor
- Andersen, J. A.; Friese, M. E. J.; Truscott, A. G.; Ficek, Z.; Drummond, P. D.; Heckenberg, N. R.; Rubinsztein-Dunlop, H.
- A quantum mechanical model of the interaction of rubidium atoms with two lasers was developed. The dielectric polarization of the rubidium as a function of the frequency was predicted using a quantum mechanical model. The presence of two major isotopes of rubidium was studied.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 63, no. 2 (2001), article no. 023820
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- Dielectric polarisation; Dielectric properties; Light polarisation; Light refraction; Nonlinear optics; Quantum optics; Rubidium; Vapors
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed