Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50062
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Ultra-cold Hubbard fermions in optical lattices
- Drummond, P. D.; Corney, J. F.; Liu, Xia-Ji; Hu, Hui
- We present new results for interacting quantum Fermi gases, confined in an optical lattice. Finite temperature atomic correlations are calculated using a novel Gaussian representation. Luttinger liquid theory and the local density approximation let us calculate collective mode frequencies at the metal-insulator transition.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the International Quantum Electronics Conference (IQEC 2005), Tokyo, Japan, 11 July 2005, pp. 1548-1549
- Publication year
- Crystal lattices; Density measurement; Fermions; Finite temperature atomic correlations; Luttinger liquid theory; Metal insulator transition; Optical correlation; Optical lattices; Quantum electronics; Quantum optics; Ultra-cold Hubbard fermions
- 9780780392403, 078039240X
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed