Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Coherent molecular bound states of bosons and fermions near a Feshbach resonance
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50053
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Coherent molecular bound states of bosons and fermions near a Feshbach resonance
- Drummond, P. D.; Kheruntsyan, K. V.
- The molecular bound states of atomic quantum gases near a Feshbach resonance were analyzed. It was observed that a renormalizable field-theoretic model for Feshbach coupling has exact solutions for the eigenstate in the low-density two-particle sector. It was shown that the proposed model has the capability to describe a variety of cases with both positive and negative background scattering length. The solutions interpolating between BEC and BCS theories provides a more general variational ansatz for resonant superfluidity and related problems.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 70, no. 3 (2004), article no. 033609
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- Approximation theory; Atom-molecular systems; BEC; Binding energy; Bose Einstein condensates; Couplings; Eigenfunctions; Eigenvalues; Fermions; Feshbach resonance; Gas condensates; Integral equations; Integration; Molecular dynamics; Quantum theory; Renormalisable theory
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed