Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50022
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Pair correlations in a finite-temperature 1D Bose gas
- Kheruntsyan, K. V.; Gangardt, D. M.; Drummond, P. D.; Shlyapnikov, G. V.
- We calculate the two-particle local correlation for an interacting 1D Bose gas at finite temperature and classify various physical regimes. We present the exact numerical solution by using the Yang-Yang equations and Hellmann-Feynman theorem and develop analytical approaches. Our results draw prospects for identifying the regimes of coherent output of an atom laser, and of finite-temperature 'fermionization' through the measurement of the rates of two-body inelastic processes, such as photoassociation.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 91, no. 4 (2003), article no. 040403
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 02 Physical Sciences
- Bose gas; Boundary conditions; Calculations; Correlation methods; Fermi level; Fermionization; Free energy; Gas dynamics; Hamiltonians; Hellmann-Feynman theorem; High energy physics; Integral equations; Ionization of gases; One dimensional; Pair correlations; Periodic boundary condition; Photoassociation; Vapors; Yang-Yang equation
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed