Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Comparative study of strong-coupling theories of a trapped Fermi gas at unitarity
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50048
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 270 KB)|
- Comparative study of strong-coupling theories of a trapped Fermi gas at unitarity
- Hu, Hui; Liu, Xia-Ji; Drummond, P. D.
- We present a systematic comparison of the most recent thermodynamic measurements of a trapped Fermi gas at unitarity with predictions from strong-coupling theories and quantum Monte Carlo (MC) simulations. The accuracy of the experimental data, of the order of a few percent, allows a precise test of different many-body approaches. We find that a Nozie?res and Schmitt-Rink treatment of fluctuations is in excellent agreement with the experimental data and available MC calculations at unitarity.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 77, no. 6 (2008), article no. 061605 (R)
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0205 Optical Physics
- Electron gas; Fermi gases; Many-body simulations; MC; Monte Carlo simulations; QMC; Quantum Monte Carlo; Semiconductor counters; Strong couplings; Systematic; Unitarity; Fermions
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 The American Physical Society. Published version of this paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed