Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50030
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Center-of-mass measurements and coherence properties of quantum gases
- Drummond, P. D.; Vaughan, Timothy G.; Corney, Joel F.; Leuchs, G.
- In this paper, standard quantum limits for center-of-mass fluctuations of fermionic and bosonic quantum gases is obtained, as well as a novel, second-order measure of condensate formation. It is also shown how these measures relate to standard techniques for preparing and propagating these systems, via exact first principles many-body quantum simulations without factorization approximations.
- Publication type
- Conference abstract
- Proceedings of the European Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics and the International Quantum Electronics Conference (CLEO/IQEC 2007), Munich, Germany, 17-22 June 2007
- Publication year
- Bose-Einstein condensation; Bosonic quantum gases; Centre-of-mass fluctuations; Fermion systems; Fermionic quantum gases; Many-body quantum simulations; Optical solitons; Quantum optics
- 9781424409310, 1424409314
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed