Home List of Titles Quantum dynamics in phase space: from coherent states to the Gaussian representation
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/50034
- Quantum dynamics in phase space: from coherent states to the Gaussian representation
- Drummond, P. D.; Deuar, P.; Vaughan, Timothy G.; Corney, J. F.
- We give an outlook on the future of coherence theory and many-body quantum dynamics as experiments develop in the arena of ultra-cold atoms. Novel results on quantum heating of centre-of-mass temperature in evaporative cooling and simulation methods for long-range interactions are obtained, using positive-P phase-space techniques.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Modern Optics, Vol. 54, no. 16-17 (2007), pp. 2499-2512
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics; 0206 Quantum Physics
- Computer simulation; Cooling; Evaporation; Ground state; Heating; Phase space; Quantum heating; Quantum electronics
- Taylor & Francis
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Taylor & Francis.
- Peer reviewed