Home List of Titles Preheating of a poly(ethylene terephthalate) preform for stretch blow molding using microwaves
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/51604
- Preheating of a poly(ethylene terephthalate) preform for stretch blow molding using microwaves
- Erbulut, D. U.; Masood, S. H.; Senko, H.; Davies, K.
- In this work, a new microwave resonant cavity was developed to completely preheat a poly(ethylene terephthalate) preform efficiently for a stretch blow molding process. Microwave power simulation software was used to design the microwave resonant cavity. An investigation of the inside and outside Surface temperature profile along the preform and free inflation experimentation indicated that a cylindrical resonant cavity could efficiently preheat a poly(ethylene terephthalate) preform with the advantages of reduced time and increased energy savings versus a conventional infrared heating system.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 112, no. 3 (May 2009), pp. 1670-1679
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0303 Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry
- Blow moulding; Diffusion influence; Heat-treatment; Microwave heating; Numerical-simulation; PET; Polymer processing; Temperature distribution
- John Wiley & Sons
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Peer reviewed