Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/52070
- International inflow a valuable long-term resource
- In these challenging financial times, it is interesting to reflect on the sector which, within the next year, could become Australia's largest export industry---international education. Despite its financial success, the sector is seldom seen as a major industry for Australia. There is still the misconception that it is an unfortunate artefact of an underfunded system which forced universities to recruit top-up fee-paying students from overseas. Yet 2008 Bureau of Statistics data shows that international education generated $14.1 billion in export income for Australia, making it our third-largest export industry, behind coal and iron ore.
- Publication Type
- Newspaper article
- Research Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Chancellery
- Australian Financial Review, 27 April 2009
- Publication Year
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Ian Young.