Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Dealing with cultural differences in a 3D virtual classroom: a case study of constructing a virtual Tower of Babel
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/52321
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 844 KB)|
- Dealing with cultural differences in a 3D virtual classroom: a case study of constructing a virtual Tower of Babel
- Prasolova-Forland, Ekaterina; Wyeld, Theodor G.; Chang, Teng W.
- The collaboration project described in this paper involved students across three cooperating institutions, on three different continents in different time zones, building a virtual Tower of Babel in a 3D Collaborative Virtual Environment (3D CVE). Much Information and Communication Technology work today involves international collaboration. This requires cross-cultural understandings with one's co-collaborators, but there are few opportunities for this to occur in a pedagogical setting. Therefore, this paper outlines a pedagogically oriented case study of the use of a 3D CVE as a multicultural collaborative classroom.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 7th IASTED International Conference on Web-Based Education (WBE 2008), Innsbruck, Austria, 17-19 March 2008, pp. 412-417
- Publication year
- 3D collaborative virtual environments; Collaborative learning; Cultural differences; Multi-cultural classroom
- ACTA Press
- Publisher URL
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 ACTA Press. Published version of this paper reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed