Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/52484
- Analysis of network communication attacks
- Kamal, S.; Issac, B.
- Over the last decade, computer networks have been subject to widespread security attacks. Some are spoofing attacks, Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and its various forms (like ping attacks, smurfing etc), password sniffing, packet capturing along with traffic analysis and other wireless key cracking attacks. Many of these attacks steal someone's identity and use it for exploiting the victim or others by masquerading or forgery, made the network or computer system inoperable by interrupting normal services, created a back door for re-visits etc. In this paper we analyze some of these attacks and evaluate its effectiveness, concluding with some security recommendations.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus
- Proceedings of the 5th Student Conference on Research and Development (SCORED 2007), Selangor, Malaysia, 11-12 December 2007, pp. 1-6
- Publication year
- Computer networks; Development; DoS attacks; Network security attacks; Packet capture; Research; Spoofing attacks
- 9781424414703, 1424414709
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed