Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A QSQL-based collaboration framework to support automatic service composition and workflow execution
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/52703
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- A QSQL-based collaboration framework to support automatic service composition and workflow execution
- Ren, Kaijun; Chen, Jinjun; Xiao, Nong; Zhang, Weimin; Song, Junqiang
- In high performance computing field such as climate, biology, we often need to integrate resources across distributed, heterogeneous, and autonomous systems to enable e-scientists to solve complex scientific problems in collaborative way. However, current resource (service) collaboration methods still suffer from either low efficiency for automatically building a composition plan because of the involved ontology reasoning and manual processing, or lacking of flexibility for resource's sharing to support the execution of such composition plans. In this paper, we present a QSQL-based collaboration framework to support automatic service discovery, composition and execution. Our proposed method has the following two distinguished characteristics. First, for a given query, abstract composition plans can be automatically created basing on QSQL without much ontology reasoning. Secondly, concrete service instances can be dynamically bound to abstract service composition plans at runtime by considering multiple non-functional factors. Totally, our proposed method will not only facilitate e-scientists quickly create composition plans from a large scale of service repository; but also make resource's sharing more flexible.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Information Technology Research
- Proceedings of the Workshops of the 3rd International Conference on Grid and Pervasive Computing (GPC 2008), Kunming, China, 25-28 May 2008, pp. 87-92
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 080309 Software Engineering; 080501 Distributed and Grid Systems; 080699 Information Systems not elsewhere classified
- Collaboration; QSQL; Quick service query list; Service composition; Web-based services; Workflow execution; Workflow management
- 9780769531779, 0769531776
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Additional information
- The authors are very grateful for the foundation support of the National "973" Research Plan Foundation of China under Grant No. 2003CB317008 and by National Nature Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 60573135, 40505023 and 60736013.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed