Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Australian post-war immigration issues according to Italian-language newspaper Il Globo, 1959 - 1969
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/52912
|Download 01front.pdf (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
|Download 02whole.pdf (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Australian post-war immigration issues according to Italian-language newspaper Il Globo, 1959 - 1969
- Edwards, Brent R. T.
- This study investigates the Italian language print media outlet Il Globo, which operated for the Italian community, then largest culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) community in Post-war Australian society. In particular, this study focuses on the editorial commentary produced by then sub-editor Nino Randazzo for the newspaper between 1959 and 1969, a period of Australian Post-war history where notably discriminatory immigration policy and racist attitudes were expressed toward non-Anglo Saxon background residents, creating hardship for settling CALD communities in Australia. Previous study has failed to produce consistent cross-sectional and nonpartisan analysis of Il Globo’s editorial commentary. This study conducts content analysis to research consistently the editorial content of Il Globo in relation to Italian migration, the Australian Immigration Department and Policy, including assimilationist/integrationist phenomena, the problems of immigration for Italian migrants, and issues related thereto.
- Publication type
- Thesis (Honours)
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise
- Publication year
- Australian post-war immigration; Ethnic media; Foreign language newspaper; Il Globo; Italian migration; Italian press; Randazzo, Nino, 1932-
- Copyright © 2008 Brent Russell Thomas Edwards.
- Thesis Supervisor
- [Simone Battiston]
- Thesis Note
- [Submitted in fulfillment of the degree Bachelor of Business (Honours), Swinburne University of Technology, 2008.]
- Full text