Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/53034
- Safety analysis and performance evaluation of time WF-nets
- Song, Wei; Dou, Wanchun; Chen, Jinjun; Fan, Shaokun
- Time management in workflow systems is crucial in determining and controlling the life cycle of a workflow process. Research on time modeling and analysis is important to guarantee workflow plans to be efficiently implemented and to make enterprises more competitive. Time WF-nets derived from time Petri nets and WF-nets are an effective model for workflow time management. In this paper, considering multiple instances of one workflow model run concurrently, we concern how to determine the workflow instance arrival cycle in order to make the waiting time of each instance as short as possible. Meanwhile the safety property of Time WF-nets is preserved. The key contribution of our work is twofold. First, instance arrival cycle is calculated in order to satisfy the safety property of Time WF-nets. Second, performance evaluation for Time WF-nets is proposed, which is based on instance arrival cycle and instance throughput cycle derived from safety analysis.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Advances in Web and Network Technologies, and Information Management: Proceedings of the APWebWAIM 2007 International Workshops, DBMAN 2007, WebET2007, PAIS 2007 and ASWAN 2007, Huang Shan, China, 16-18 June 2007 / Kevin Chen-Chuan Chang, Wei Wang, Lei Chen, Clarence A. Ellis, Ching-Hsien Hsu, Ah Chung Tsoi, Haixun Wang (eds.), Vol. 4537, pp. 420-432
- Publication year
- Internet; Life cycle; Mathematical models; Petri nets; Workflow systems; Workflow time management
- 0302-9743 (series ISSN)
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007.
- Peer reviewed