Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/53024
- Thinking beyond numbers: learning numeracy for the future workplace
- Marr, Beth; Hagston, Jan
- Through interviews with a range of stakeholders and workers in manufacturing and aged care, this study examined the use, learning and transference of workplace numeracy skills, as well as current understandings of the term 'numeracy'. The study challenges the training system, training organisations, and trainers to provide numeracy training that makes links directly to workplace contexts.
- Publication type
- Technical report
- Publication year
- Adult education; Employees; Industry needs; Numeracy; Skill development; Training packages; Transferable skills; Vocational education; Workplace learning
- 9781921170980, 9781921170034
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Australian Government 2007.