Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Post-colonial national identity in the Philippines : celebrating the centennial of independence
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/1251
- Post-colonial national identity in the Philippines : celebrating the centennial of independence
- Bankoff, Greg; Weekley, Kathleen
- "Presenting a fresh understanding of the construction of post-colonial national identity in the new context of globalisation, this text looks at the dilemmas of the requirements to compete in the global economy and the political demands of human rights and cultural differences. The authors are concerned with the ways in which a modern state attempts to mould the identities of its citizens and the ways in which the myriad of identities in a multiethnic, multicultural and multireligious population give rise to intense contradictions. This important research will have implications beyond the Filipino case and will be of great interest to a wider audience as a reference for courses on Asian studies, political science and history."--BOOK JACKET.
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Institute for Social Research
- Publication year
- Historiography; History; Nationalism; Philippines; Politics and government; Postcolonialism
- 208 p.
- Publisher URL
- Peer reviewed