Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/53875
- Purpose driven learning: rethinking a learning environment development
- Calway, Bruce
- If the ideology of learning and teaching is the transformation of an individual from dependency to self-actualisation - then what should the learning environment development look like? Education researchers and practitioners alike, in the higher (university/tertiary) education systems, are seeking among new challenges to engage students and teachers in learning. I found myself struggling with this paradigm, given my research shows that learner and teacher behaviour is strategic and pragmatic, i.e. dependency focused. A contradiction between student learning behaviour and the learner-centred teaching ideal reflected in our University mission statement. I approach the question by examining a large cohort of undergraduate students and a learning environment development that was both Active Learning and ICT enabled .
- Publication type
- Publication year
- Australia; Colleges; Educational philosophy; Learning; Learning environment; Learning preferences; Student engagement; Swinburne University of Technology; Teaching; Technology; Undergraduate studies; Universities
- VDM Verlag
- 9783639034905, 3639034902
- Copyright © 2008 VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG and licensors. All rights reserved.