Home List of Titles Narrative interactive pedagogy for creative writing supervision after globalisation
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/53889
- Narrative interactive pedagogy for creative writing supervision after globalisation
- Hecq, Dominique
- Recent government intervention in research in both literacy and higher degree policy across the globe has sharpened universities' focus on the quality of their students' productivity, research experience and timely completion rates (Kamler, 2001; Manathunga, 2005). Researchers have sought to highlight the factors that predict students' timely completion of their studies and students' participation in the workforce is one such measure of outcome which leaves the discipline of Creative Writing outside the main discourse. This paper addresses the disciplinary and methodological specificity of the PhD in practice-led research and advocates an interactive narrative pedagogy inspired by the psychoanalytic teachings of Lacan (2007[1968-69]) and the 'radical pedagogy' developed by Mark Bracher (1999; 2006). It sets into motion an innovative engagement between the fields of Psychoanalysis, Writing and Pedagogy in order to consider the problem transference poses for psychoanalysis and creative writing in an increasingly market driven academia.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Higher Education, Lilydale
- Paper presented at the 6th International Conference on the Book, Washington, District of Columbia, United States, 25-27 October 2008
- Publication year
- Creative writing; Discourse; Diversity; Pedagogy; Psychoanalysis
- Catholic University of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008.
- Peer reviewed