Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Molecular line mapping of the giant molecular cloud associated with RCW 106-III: multimolecular line mapping
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/54058
- Molecular line mapping of the giant molecular cloud associated with RCW 106-III: multimolecular line mapping
- Lo, Nadia; Cunningham, Maria R.; Jones, Paul A.; Bains, I.; Burton, M. G.; Wong, T.; Muller, Erik; Kramer, Carsten; Ossenkopf, V.; Henkel, Christian; Deragopian, G.; Donnelly, S.; Ladd, E. F.
- We present multimolecular line maps obtained with the Mopra telescope towards the southern giant molecular cloud (GMC) complex G333, associated with the H II region RCW 106. We have characterized the GMC by decomposing the 3D data cubes with GAUSSCLUMPS, and investigated spatial correlations among different molecules with principal component analysis (PCA). We find no correlation between clump size and linewidth, but a strong correlation between emission luminosity and linewidth. PCA classifies molecules into high- and low-density tracers, and reveals that HCO+ and N2H+ are anticorrelated.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 395, no. 2 (May 2009), pp. 1021-1042
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Clouds; Forming region G333.6-0.2; Galactic plane survey; ISM; ISM lines; Milky-way; Molecules; Stars formation; Structure; Water masers
- Wiley-Blackwell Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation copyright © 2009 RAS.
- Peer reviewed