Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/54826
- The accounting profession: a religious and community platform for change
- Raar, Jean
- Following the failure of large corporations in both Australia and the United States, considerable dialogue has been generated on the integrity and role of accountants. This focus of this study was to examine the role of the professional accounting community, which shapes, and is shaped by the value, religion and culture of accounting members. In view of the impetus towards internationalization of accounting standards it is suggested the accounting profession re-examine its position as part of the international human community and re-examine its core values.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Paper presented at the 4th Asia Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference (APIRA 2004), Singapore, 04-06 July 2004
- Publication year
- Accounting profession; Community; Corporate failure; Culture; Religion; Trust
- Singapore Management University
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 APIRA.
- Peer reviewed