Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A qualitative assessment of communicating spatial concepts in virtual and physical environments via a text-based medium
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/54881
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- A qualitative assessment of communicating spatial concepts in virtual and physical environments via a text-based medium
- Puade, Onn Azraai; Wyeld, Theodor G.
- The pedagogical exercise described here was used to investigate how spatial communication about the manipulation of objects in a virtual and physical space is communicated between remote partners. It continues work done by others. Where it differs from previous research in this area is in its use of a qualitative methodology to study how these types of interactions are structured, communicated and interpreted via text-based media. What emerged from the qualitative analysis are new insights over the previous quantitative investigations. This paper reports on completed research.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT 2006), Kerkrade, Netherlands, 05-07 July 2006 / Kinshuk, R. Koper, P. Kommers, P. Kirschner, D. G. Sampson and W. Didderen (eds.), pp. 81-83
- Publication year
- Computer aided instruction; Distributed object management; Groupware; Human computer interaction; Virtual reality
- 9780769526324, 0769526322
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed