Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/55670
- Signatures of spin in the v=1/3 fractional quantum Hall effect
- Dethlefsen, A. F.; Mariani, E.; Tranitz, H. P.; Wegscheider, W.; Haug, R. J.
- The activation gap Δ of the fractional quantum Hall state at constant filling ν=1/3 is measured in a wide range of perpendicular magnetic field B. Despite the full spin polarization of the incompressible ground state, we observe a sharp crossover between a low-field linear dependence of Δ on B and a Coulomblike square root behavior at large B. From the global gap reduction we get information about the mobility edges in the fractional quantum Hall regime.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Atom Optics and Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, Vol. 74, no. 16 (2006), Article no. 165325
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0206 Quantum Physics
- Electron mobility; Electron spin polarisation; Ferromagnetism; Ground states; Quantum Hall effect; Two-dimensional electron gas
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 The American Physical Society.
- Peer reviewed