Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/55676
- Blinking and surface chemistry of single CdSe nanocrystals
- Gomez, Daniel E.; van Embden, Joel; Jasieniak, Jack; Smith, Trevor A.; Mulvaney, Paul
- The photoluminescence properties and surface chemistry of single CdSe nanocrystals were investigated. The results indicated that the degree of surface passivation of each nanocrystal modifies the blinking statistics. The results also showed that blinking statistics are sensitive to changes in surface passivation. It was demonstrated that the blinking statistics can be modified by passivating unsaturated dangling bonds at the surface of the nanocrystals.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Small, Vol. 2, no. 2 (Feb 2006), pp. 204-208
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0204 Condensed Matter Physics; 0303 Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry
- Blinking; Cadmium compounds; Cadmium derivative; Cadmium selenide; CdSe nanocrystals; Chalcogenides; Nanocrystalline materials; Nanomaterials; Nanostructured materials; Passivation; Photoluminescence; PL; Selenium derivative; Statistical methods; Surface analysis; Surface chemistry
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, D-69451 Weinheim.
- Research Projects
- Peer reviewed