Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/55888
- One- and two-photon absorption induced emission in HMASPS doped polymer
- Wang, Dong; Zhou, G. Y.; Ren, Y.; Xu, X. G.; Cheng, X. F.; Shao, Z. S.; Jiang, M. H.
- The new laser dye trans-4-[p-(N-hydroxyethyl-N-methylamino)styryl]-N-methylpyridinium p-toluene sulfonate (abbreviated as HMASPS) doped in a linear homogenous polymer has been studied by the picosecond pulses from modelocked Nd:YAG laser. The emission wavelengths of the dye in the polymer are all blue-shifted relative to those in the solution. The fluorescence lifetime of the dye in the polymer after the two-photon excitation is 4.4 ns, which is about 60 times longer than that in solution. Several lasing pulses can be burst from the polymer after one pump pulse, in contrast to the amplified spontaneous emission, where only single pulses are observed.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Chemical Physics Letters, Vol. 354, no. 5-6 (Mar 2002), pp. 423-427
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0306 Physical Chemistry (Incl. Structural)
- Elsevier BV
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed